Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Encouragement Thursday

From time to time I struggle with anxiety.  This week out of nowhere, I got anxiety, about nothing in particular.  Sometimes when I get this anxiety, I am scared that God is not with me or something is wrong with me to make me feel like this.  Today I was reading my Jesus Calling Devotional and it spoke directly to this anxiety.  Hope it encourages you like it did me.  Here is a little piece of the devotional.  Click here if you would like to see the whole thing.

April 18 Jesus Calling
Just as the Isrealites could not store up manna for the future but had to gather it daily, so it is with My Peace.  The day-by-day collecting of manna kept My people aware of their dependence on Me.  Similarly, I give you sufficient Peace for the present, when you come to me by prayer and petition with thanksgiving.  If I gave you my permanent Peace, independent of My Presence, you might fall into the trap of self-sufficincy.  May that never be!....Approach My throne of grace with bold confidence, receiving My Peace with a thankful heart.  

Thank you Jesus for this encouraging word to me today. 

Scripture reference:  
Exodus 16:14-20
Philippians 4:6-7, 19
Hebrews 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment