Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Menu Monday

Happy Monday!  I was at a Women't Retreat with our church all weekend.  It was a very good experience.  I did not have time to prep food this weekend so I am doing this menu on the fly, trying to use up all my groceries.  Tonight I made a yeast free Mexican Pizza.  The crust was super easy and I would definately make it again.  I want to try it with normal pizza toppings (but I needed to use up my refried beans).  Anyways, here is the menu for the week:
Monday:  Mexican Pizza
Tuesday:  Omelets with Sausage, bell pepper, cauliflower (weird but good) and cheese
Wednesday:  Sausage, Beans and Rice
Thursday:  Leftovers
Friday:  Dinner with Kourt and Keith
Saturday:  Open
Sunday:  Steak Potato Nachos

 Before baking
Topped with refried beans, bell pepper and spinach
 After it is baked
 With a little creamy salsa-yum!


Mexican Pizza
Yeast Free Crust for 1:
1/4 cup oat flour
3 Tbsp. almond meal
1 Tbsp. rice flour
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. italian seasoning
1 egg
1 tsp. olive oil, plus a little on pan
Toppings:
1/2 cup refried beans (I added cumin and chili powder to mine)
1/4 to 1/3 cup cheese
bell pepper
spinach

Preheat oven to 350 (I used toaster oven).  Line your pan with with nonstick foil and a little oil.  Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then spread onto your pan and shape into a circle.  It will be a little sticky, you can just put some rice flour on your fingers.  Bake for 10 minutes.  When it comes out of the oven top with refried beans, cheese, bell peppers and spinach (feel free to vary your toppings).  Bake for 15 more minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.  Enjoy.
I dipped mine in yogurt salsa (greek yogurt mixed with salsa, it is like sour cream salsa)

"If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.  I will be found by you," declares the Lord.
Jeremeiah 29: 13-14a

Hope you are all off to a great week.  See you tomorrow for What I Ate Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment