Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Something New

Sometimes I feel like I get in a cooking rut, where I seem to be making the same foods all the time.  This week has been a good week for trying some new things.  I usually get my new ideas off cooking blogs, Iowa Girl Eats is one of my favorites.  When I saw her Santa Fe Summer BBQ Pizza I had to try it.  While I was making it I realized it is meatless:  that is two new meatless recipes that have been successful this week!!
 This exceeded my expectations
 Make sure you have all your veggies cut and ready to go
 I made my dough (gets easier every time, I was done with the dough in under 10 minutes-yes I have a stopwatch in my kitchen).  I used ranch and BBQ sauce
 Spread it out and top with a little cheese
 Top with beans, corn, tomatoes and cheese
 Make sure you drain your black beans and pat them dry with a paper towel so you don't get a soggy pizza!
 I topped our pizza with green onions instead of cilantro
This was so good, I can't wait to make it again

I used this recipe and changed two things:
Ranch and BBQ for the sauce instead of just BBQ
Green onions on top instead of cilantro
If you don't have a food processor, you can use this recipe for your dough
*Also I baked my pizza near the bottom of the oven so that the crust would get crispier, but make sure you check it so it doesn't burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment