Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Birthday Desserts

My parents have been in town for the past week, unexpected, but I will always love being around my parents.  Last week we found out that my Mom has Ovarian Cancer.  They have come here to get treatment because we have better doctors.  She will be getting the treatment through to beginning of the new year.  Please keep her in your prayers.  We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength.  Philippians 4:13  My Dad's Birthday was August 9 and mine was August 10.  We were not in the mood to celebrate, but we made the most of it and our family made it even sweeter.  I made my Dad a No-bake Cheesecake (see recipe below it is awesome and easy).  His brother and sister live close so they stopped by and it was good to have family with us.

 My Grandma used to make this for me, it is one of my favorites and my Dad loves cheesecake, it was a win win.
 Cliff's parents sent me an Edibles bouquet which was a lovely surprise!
 Chocolate covered pineapple-looks like a cupcake!
  My Dad was so sweet, we didn't really do much on my B-day so the next day he went out and surprised me with a pretty cupcake-chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.  It was mighty tasty with ice cream
Back to this awesome dessert, you have to make it!

No-Bake Cheesecake
2 blocks of cream cheese 8oz each, room temperature (I used reduced fat)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Graham cracker pie crust (I made my own, but you can buy them in the store)

In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth.  Pour in sweetened condensed milk and beat well.  Add vanilla and lemon juice and beat until combined.  Pour into your pie crust and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (5-6 hours is best).  Enjoy topped with any variety of pie filling!!  

Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
4 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. Butter, melted

Combine crumbs and sugar in medium bowl.  Stir in melted butter until thoroughly blended.  Pack mixture firmly into a 9 in pie pan and press firmly to bottom and sides, bringing crumbs evenly up to the rim.  Bake in oven at 350 for 8 minutes.  Chill before filling. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment