Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl

My friend informed me yesterday the Super Bowl is the 2nd biggest eating day of the year, following Thanksgiving of course!  I believe it, the grocery stores are packed and the meat and queso sales are thru the roof.  So, what are your favorite things to have for the Super Bowl?  I don't know that I have a favorite, but I do like to have some good food and hang out with good friends, which we did yesterday!  Our small group got together and had burgers, dips, fruit and dessert.  I never thought I would say this but I brought a fruit salad to our Super Bowl party.  We have a pretty healthy group of friends and we already had burgers, dip and dessert on the menu, so I decided to bring a fruit salad that I have been making a lot lately.  I am hooked on it.  It is great for gatherings or to have on hand during the week for lunches.  You have to try it!
 It is very simple and delicious (like that burger?  It was super good)
Mix some of your favorite fruits together, and stir in orange juice concentrate!

Awesome Fruit Salad (from Sandra)
1 pound grapes, cleaned and taken off stem
1 apple of choice, diced
1 can mandrin oranges, drained and rinsed (you could also use fresh oranges)
2 large bananas ***Only use these if you plan to eat the fruit salad that day, because they turn to mush overnight
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate

Combine all your fruits together and then gently stir in orange juice concentrate.  The orange juice keeps the fruit fresh and gives it a nice flavor.  Cut in bananas before serving.  **If you use bananas, they only stay good about a day.  I had a little of this fruit salad leftover and I removed all the bananas so the rest would stay fresh longer.  Without the bananas this fruit salad will stay good 4-5 days.  Enjoy:)

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment