Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza

Pizza is one of our favorite foods.  We have been really inventive with pizza lately:  bbq chicken pizza, breakfast pizza, spinach artichoke dip pizza.  The Spinach Artichoke Pizza is not all that healthy, but I made a few changes to help us out a little.  I got the idea online and used a recipe for Spinach Artichoke Dip from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.  It was a very fast weeknight meal for us.  I used a store bought dough (had one left over from our breakfast pizza, the pack comes with two).  All I did was make the dip, top the crust, then added some cheese and chicken.  I really liked it!
 YUM
 Spinach Artichoke Dip
 Layer dip, extra spinach, mozz cheese and shredded chicken
  Dinner was done in 30 minutes flat!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza
Dip:
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup mayo (I like the olive oil mayo, might also be good with cream cheese here)
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Dash white pepper (or normal pepper)
1/2 can (14-oz) drained artichoke hearts, coasly chopped
1 cup spinach, coasly chopped (will use a little more next time)
1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
For Pizza: 
1 pizza crust, 12in (pre-made or homemade)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded chicken (more or less)
Italian seasoning over the top

Pre-heat oven to 400.  Top pizza crust with Dip (use all of it, it is the perfect amount).  Top with cheese and shredded chicken (I also put a little extra spinach, but next time I will just put the spinach right in the dip).  Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.  Cut into 6 slices.  Enjoy

Dip recipe modified from:  Better Homes and Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment