Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Crock-Pot Peanut Clusters

Need a Valentine Day dessert?  These would be great to take to work or make for your sweetheart.  As you know I love peanut clusters!  I keep them in my fridge at all times and they are often my go-to dessert.  This recipe is my favorite, but there is a small downside: they need to be refrigerated or they get soft.  When I was making my Christmas plates this year I wanted to include peanut clusters so I decided to try my Mom's recipe for Crock-pot peanut clusters (I have only tried them once because she started making them after I had already left home).  They turned out amazing...pretty dang close to my favorite recipe and they can be kept at room temp.  You can make them in your crock-pot (takes about 3 hrs) and it makes a very large amount, perfect to take to a big gathering or give away as treats.  You have to try them.  I gave them away on Christmas plates, but they were so good I had to keep a stash for myself.

 
 YUM!
 There are a lot of different chocolates that go in here
 Crock-pot on low for 3 hours

When it looks like this, stir it up and drop onto parchment or into cupcake liners

Crock-Pot Peanut Clusters
32oz dry-roasted peanuts-I used 2 jars (16oz each)
1 package white chocolate bark
1/2 package milk chocolate bark
1 1/2 bags of dark chocolate chips
1 bar German chocolate baking chocolate

Pour peanuts into the bottom of a large crock-pot.  Top with all of the chocolate broken up as seen above.  Turn on low heat for 2-3 hours, keep an eye on it because you don't want it to burn.  When it looks melted (as seen above), turn off crock-pot and stir well.  Drop into muffin liners until set and then enjoy!  I love this recipe because it makes a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment