Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

No Bake Energy Bites

I just call these oat balls, but that is the name of the recipe I got from my Aunt Kathy.  These things are really good.  They are great to snack on or eat as a healthy dessert if you are trying to lay off the Reese's cups and peanut clusters.  I usually eat a couple a day and Cliff likes them too so you need to try them.
 YUM
 The cool thing is how flexible this recipe is...you can use lots of different things, check out my ideas below

No Bake Energy Bites
1 cup oats
2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup flaxseed or wheat germ (I used 1/4 cup of each)
1/2 cup craisins or dried cherries
1/3 cup honey (I ran out of honey so I also used agave and maple syrup)
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir all ingredients together and roll into balls.  Chill and enjoy.
**Other ideas:  chocolate chips, coconut, almond butter, sunflower seeds, raisins, etc

 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Exodus 33:14 
My Mom read this verse to me this morning and it was really encouraging because I need rest!  I am looking for rest in the Lord's presence this week.



1 comment: