Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Great Breakfast Idea

Happy Monday everyone!  It has been a busy day.  I spent my day Fauxing a Study....lots of up and down on a large scaffolding.  It was fun (a good workout too).  Came home and made ravioli with a semi-homemade spaghetti sauce.  We all really enjoyed it.  My Mom is still in town so I have lots of motivation to cook these days. 
Simple cheese ravioli, the sauce was the best!

Semi-Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 tsp. italian seasoning
2 garlic cloves, chopped
splash of white or red wine
1 jar spaghetti sauce

In a medium saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add onion, bell pepper and Italian seasoning.  Stir occasionally and cook until they are tender and starting to brown.  Add garlic and stir, let that cook for about a minute.  Add a splash of wine to de-glaze the pan.  Stir in spaghetti sauce and let it simmer for 30 minutes or more.  Enjoy with your favorite pasta!  It was delicious with cheese ravioli.

I read these verses from my devotional last night and again this morning.  It was just what I needed to hear and it affirmed to me the importance of prayer and being focused on God, the real purpose for being here on earth!
 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.  And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.  Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians  4:2-6

No comments:

Post a Comment