Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Simple Pasta Skillet for 2

Last night I was craving something with vegetables, I was out of town this weekend and came home to slim pickins in the fridge.  I went to the store on my way home from work and knew dinner needed to be simple.  I make a dish called Lazy Lasagna (will be posting that soon) and it has cottage cheese and spaghetti sauce.  I decided to make a faster version of that, with lots of extra veggies.  It was very simple to throw together, so keep it in mind for a quick healthy meal.
This was just what I was craving!
 When it was all combined, I topped it with mozzarella and basil
 Extra bonus:  this is meatless!

Simple Veggie Pasta Skillet
(serves 2, or make it for one and have leftovers!)
1 heaping cup favorite pasta (I used multi-color rotini)
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed (optional, I had it so I used it)
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
2/3 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella
Basil and Italian seasoning to taste

Boil water for pasta and cook according to directions on box.  While water is heating, warm a large skillet over medium heat.  Add olive oil and veggies and cook until tender, and slightly browned (about 7 minutes and turn heat up at end to brown them).  Add spinach and sauce and stir to combine.  Turn heat to medium-low and add cottage cheese and drained cooked pasta.  Once that is combined and heated though, top with mozz, basil and Italian seasoning.  Take off heat and serve once the cheese is melted.  
Enjoy!

This has been my recent dessert of choice.  Homemade peanut butter topped with mini and normal sized chocolate chips!  So yummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment