Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal

I didn't eat very much pumpkin stuff last year and this year I am making up for it.  I made Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal this morning and it was very good.  If you have never tried baked oatmeal it is kind of like oatmeal and breakfast cake collided.  I have made baked oatmeal several ways and this is now one of my favorites.  The recipe itself is not very sweet but if you like it sweeter, you can add more sugar.  Instead of adding more sugar, we just did yummy toppings.

 I topped mine with peanut butter, maple syrup and pumpkin granola
 Fresh out of the oven
 I divided ours into four so we each got a full serving of oatmeal
Enjoy!

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
(4 big servings or 6 small)
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional but pretty tasty-could do nutmeg and ginger)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. brown sugar (or more if you like it sweeter)
1 egg, beat
1.5 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup chopped apple (or raisins-I used apple but would like to try raisins or chocolate chips)


Preheat oven to 375.  Combine the dry ingredients including brown sugar.  Combine the wet ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the dry.  Add chopped apple and stir well.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.  Allow to cool slightly, cut and top with favorite toppings.
Topping ideas:  peanut butter, any nut butter, granola, syrup, honey, chocolate chips
Adapted slightly from Kath Eats

Have a good weekend everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment