Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Green Chili Cornbread

This is a long time favorite, okay since college favorite!  It is Cliff's favorite cornbread and I have not made it enough lately because I was avoiding corn for a while.  I have come to believe corn in moderation won't mess with my stomach so I was happy to make this cornbread at Cliff's request.  We ate it with our Four-Bean Vegetarian Chili the other night. 
 I really enjoy this with a little butter
Cliff really enjoys it with a load of butter

Green Chili Cornbread
4 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup creamed corn
1/4 cup green chili (a little more if you like)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour (I use a little wheat flour or oat flour for 1/2 of the flour)

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease and 8 inch square pan.  Melt butter and transfer to a large mixing bowl;  stir in sugar.  Quickly add egg and beat until well blended.  Add green chili and creamed corn.  In separate bowl combine buttermilk with baking soda then stir into egg mixture.  Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until a few lumps remain.  Pour batter into prepared pan. 
Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy!
Happy Monday to all.  Hope you enjoyed the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment