Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pan Pizza

Cliff surprised me the other night with homemade pizza dough.  I had gone to a workout class and couldn't decide what to do for dinner (wanting pizza but not wanting to make the dough), and when I got home, Cliff had already made the dough and it was already in the process of rising!  I was so excited and thankful.  To make it even better, he had used a copy cat pizza hut dough and put the dough in our cast iron skillet, because we have been wanting to try pizza in the cast iron (we obviously like Pizza Huts pan pizza, which has more oil than I realized!).  Anyways, Cliff's pizza dough was a success.

 
Yum
 Cliff got this for dough
Using the dough blade on our food processor
I cut up some grilled veggies we had in our fridge, plus pepperoni

 After the dough rose 30 minutes in the pan, I topped our pizza with all the goodies
Sauce, veggies, peperoni, and cheese
 Oven at 450 for about 12-14 minutes
 A delicious meal

Here is the link for the dough recipe Cliff used.  The only thing he did different was:  split the dough into two balls, and only put 1/4 cup oil in the pan before hand (instead of the 1/2 cup oil suggested, good choice husband!).  If you have a cast iron skillet, you should definitely try this sometime:)  Enjoy

  

No comments:

Post a Comment