Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Steak Steak Steak

I don't know about you but when we cook steak we usually have leftovers.  Don't get me wrong, we enjoy the steak but usually it comes in a pack of 3 or 4.  I am always thinking up new ways to eat the leftovers.  Today was one of my favorites.  Steak, egg, potato and cheese scramble with skillet biscuits.
 I wanted it again for dinner honestly
 The key is to chop your leftover steak really small, I used my food processor and pulsed it until it looked like this.  I warmed it a little, then added my eggs (6 so we could have leftovers).  When the eggs were set I added my cooked potatoes and cheese.
 With my leftover homemade biscuits.  I skilleted them and topped with apricot jelly!  YUM
Okay you are going to think we eat steak a lot...but actually I just have not posted at all lately.  We have had steak a couple times in the past few weeks (because family has been in town).  Another way I used the leftovers was for Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches.
 Saute bell peppers and onion in a skillet over medium high heat.  As they get tender add thinly sliced leftover steak.
 Serve on a bun with provolone cheese.  I also made my oven zucchini fries.
 So yummy!
This is what it looks like when we have steak right off the grill.  I love these oven fries.  I just sliced my potatoes lengthwise, tossed in oil, and baked at 425 for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Hope you like the ideas, sorry I haven't posted much lately.  I have been so busy.  I plan to post at least once a week, maybe more!

No comments:

Post a Comment