Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

I went to find this recipe on my blog the other day and realized I didn't post it.  I made these a long time ago when my Mom was staying with me and we loved them.  She told me I need to post it so she has the recipe.  I also need to post it so I don't forget how I made them:)  Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.  Extra bonus: it is meatless! 
 Make your veggie mixture and stuff those suckers!
Top with cheese and enjoy

Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
2 med-large sweet potatoes
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped (could use less depending on your onion preference)
1 cup each of broccoli and cauliflower (I used 2 cups of the frozen mixture)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar, plus a little extra 
Salt, pepper and Tony's creole seasoning to taste

Preheat oven to 400.  Pierce clean sweet potatoes all over.  Place on a baking sheet lined with foil.  Bake for 50 minutes or until tender (flip over halfway through).  
When you have about 20 minutes of bake time left, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add onion; saute 4 minutes.  Add broccoli and cauliflower and seasonings; saute 2 minutes.  Reduce heat a little and add 1 Tbsp. water to the skillet.  Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes, until your veggies are tender.  Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese and half your shredded cheese.  Split your potatoes; spoon vegetable mixture into potatoes.  Top with remaining cheese.  Enjoy!  I ate the whole potato, it was delicious and filling.

Happy Monday everyone.  Hope you had a good one.  

May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way.
2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment