Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Love Weekend Food

The weekends are always a little more relaxed for me with food.  I am usually with Cliff on the weekends so it motivates me to cook.  I had a leftover muffin this morning with milk before church.
 Buttered and warmed in the skillet!
For lunch I decided last minute to make black bean and jalapeno nachos.  They turned out great and we will be having them again soon.  I baked them which tastes awesome and is officially the way I plan to make nachos from now on. 
 Pre-oven.
 A little blurry but they were melty and delicious.
 Topped with lettuce, tomato, avocado, salsa and sour cream.
For dinner I made chicken burgers.  I used this recipe and followed it really closely.  I made the following changes:
  • no olives
  • only used 1 lb of ground chicken
  • used panko bread crumbs (don't think it matters what kind you use, you could prob. use oatmeal)
  • used 1/4 tsp on most of the spices (but that probably wouldn't make much difference)
  • cook them for about 5 minutes on each side (3 was not near enough for me)
A friend made me these burgers about a month ago and they were so amazing.  She gave me the recipe and I'm excited that I had time to make them tonight.  I actually made the patties after lunch and put them in the fridge, because I had a meeting, then after my meeting dinner was super fast and easy.  There are a lot of ingredients (which I find kind of overwhelming, but it is not as hard as it seems).  They are so worth it:)  Hope you like these as much as we did.
 This is what they look like before we put them in the fridge.
 Into the skillet over med heat with a little olive oil.
So delicious.  I used Ora-Ida fast food style fries and they are so good.  Cliff said oh man I did not know frozen fries could taste this good....I agree!
I am about to paint my toenails and relax.  Cliff got a last minute assignment so he is working.  I ate some of the rest of my white chocolate pretzel bark for dessert!  I did not realize how amazing that stuff is.  All I did was melt white chocolate and add crushed pretzels and mini m&m's on top.  Gotta run hope everyone is having a great weekend!  We don't have cable or we would probably watch The Oscars...if you are watching them have fun and tell me what movies we need to watch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment